Every professional needs the right tool for the job. Nowadays chefs have more options at their disposal than ever to create their masterpieces. But, the sheer number of products on the market can make choosing the right piece of equipment a headache. If you’re on the hunt for a new mixer and are having trouble choosing, this post will help you take your pick between two excellent options: The Planetary Mixer or the Spiral Mixer.
Both are quality products but created to fulfil very different functions. Here’s a breakdown of each:
The Bongard Saturne 3 Planetary Mixer: A Jack of all Trades
At a glance:
- A versatile mixer able to work on anything from dough to meat.
- Ideal for smaller or more delicate operations
- Can be fitted with a heater accessory
- Sold with three types of mixing tools ( whisk, spiral, paddle)
- Can be fitted with a larger or small sized bowl when needed.
Bongard’s Saturne 3 planetary mixer is the swiss army knife you need in the kitchen. It’s ideal for smaller operations, or the chef that needs versatility without sacrificing reliability.
Able to cover a variety of functions, the Saturne 3 planetary mixer can be fitted with different extensions to accomplish various cooking tasks, whether that’s creating batter, whipping vegetables, or grinding meat. An ergonomic control panel, a changeable inox bowl, and an attachable heater makes it incredibly easy to change the Bongard Saturne 3 Planetary mixer’s functionality whenever the need arises.
The Bongard Spiral Mixer: The Dough expert
At a glance:
- A robust workhorse that specializes in mixing all types of dough.
- Available in different sizes and capacities ( ranging from 0.7 to 125 kg of flour, or 2.7 to 200 kg of dough.)
- Available with different type of mixers ( spiral mixers, fork type mixers and tilting mixers.)
- Maintains quality no matter how much dough you place in the bowl.
- Comes with a mode dedicated to Panotread ( Type E)
Bongard’s spiral mixers are the one to choose if you’re looking for a no-nonsense dough mixing machine. You won’t get any other use out of them other than that, but the Bongard spiral mixer’s versatility lies in the various types of dough it is able to process. And, if you’re working in a kitchen that needs to churn out large quantities on a daily basis, you’ll find nothing better.
The other advantages of this mixer lie in its ability to adjust the heat and quality of the mix no matter how much dough you place in the bowl. Available in different sizes, you’re bound to find the ideal spiral mixer no matter the size of your operations.
At first glance, you might be tempted to opt for the planetary mixer due to its capacity to do a little bit of everything right. But, even if it’s as versatile as they come, nothing beats the spiral mixer’s sheer production capacity for high volumes of quality dough. Ultimately, you should base your choice on your production needs. Whichever you choose, both Bongard mixers are exceptional products you’re sure to be satisfied with.
If you’re still having trouble choosing why not get in touch with us? We’ll be more than happy to help you pick the right mixer so that your food business, and passion, can grow to their full potential.